Monday, May 2, 2011

Valley of a thousand Hills

I spotted these hydrangeas on the way to lunch at the pot and kettle in valley of a thousand hills.






There were masses of them and the ones I picked were bright purple with blue in them, the flowers were small and waxy which made them easier to cast.

































A lady at the design indaba in cape town had a long chat with me about flowers. She was on the flower association board for SA. She did many competitions of flower aranging and knew alot about flowers so I took the opportunity and asked her about the hydrangea flower. She looked at my electroformed hydrangea flowers and told me that she could see that I was picking the flowers too late, as in the middle of the flower there was a point where the little bud use to be. She said the perfect picking time was when the flower had a little ball in the middle of it and the tiny little flower that came out of that ball opened once picked and would fall off when the flower was old and this left a pointed middle behind, like in my electroformed hydrangeas.






















No comments:

Post a Comment