Friday, May 13, 2011

hydrangea pendent





I created this pendent and wanted to get a feeling of lots of hydrangea elements forming a circle. Im not completely satisfied with this pendent. I feel that the feeling/ look of it from far is what I wanted to caputre but from close there are many things that i am not satisfied with! some of these things are: 1. The flowers look too bent up or "raw". There needs to be something common running through them, for example a texture or dome the shape of each flower. Chris suggested dome each flower and then ben the petals in their own direction. b) I am not sure about how the flowers are attached to the circle that makes up the pendent.


anyway... I do like the feel of the pendent from far and that is what I am looking for but now I just need to work out how to create that feeling but from close still have the piece looking just as good from far! I think I actually am more fond of the back of the pendent than the front.


I have made a little tube setting for a tiny purple amethyst stone to be sat in the middle of the one flower. I want to take this idea further with incorporating tiny gem stones into my work, similar to my water droplet idea where the little blue topaz cabs i bought and moonstone cabs become water droplets on the leaves and petals I create. Not sure if I showed any photo's of this idea. It was a long time ago so I will have to go find the photos and put them up if I have not put them up long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment