Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hydrangeas

For my hydrangeas I am focusing on these aspects:
1. the white colour of the metal
2. creating one stylised shape that could repeated and grouped to gether to look like a bunch of hydrangeas
3. delicacy in the thickness of the flowers
4. choosing a few of the elements out of the bunch of silver ones and gold plating them
5. producing different sizes of the 'hydrangeas' to see what size is most effective in a bunch or a collection

Below is a brooch that I made for a customer Jacaui. I tried to get the flowers as white as possible and smaller than usaul to see what a circular shape lined with hydrangeas would look like.
I slightly domed these shapes, in doing so I feel as if there is a slight uniformity in the group of flowers and I am wanting to explore different ways that I could create this uniformity without taking away the 'individual" aspect of each flower. I could create this uniform aspect by adding something to the shape of the flowers or using colour ect.


I decided to try use the circle shape to represent hydrangeas and to group them together in different ways to see how they look.
Just experimenting. I know they far from looking like hydrangeas at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment