Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Focus and Aim: part 1

As I am busy writing and planning a report I have had to re-focus more closely on what I am doing and to research and focus on the areas that I am busy with.

In terms of my area of focus for my report, I am busy researching:

1. Art Jewellery: what is art jewellery and who are some art jewellers

2. Narrative jewellery- jewellers who create pieces of jewellery that tell a story or have a message behind them

3. Fragility- what aspects of fragility am I looking at? How have other jewellers used fragility in their work?


4. Transience- what is transience. What is my view on it? who else speaks about transience?




In terms of the work I am busy with at the moment
1. Hydrangeas- elements that are bunched together, light, delicate, fragile
2. soldiers- soldier cut outs and cast little soldiers. They create a contrast with the soft delicate hydrangeas
3. little people- tiny model people and little silhouettes of people (my world)


No comments:

Post a Comment