Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The viability of my work?

wow big word... at the moment my greatest point of interest or concern (I dont like that word as i feel it brings a negativity to the issue) is how can I make jewellery that is sellable but still has my own hand made delicate feel in it that my work has at the moment. I feel like I need to create work that looks very delicate just like my hydrangeas do but is not really that delicate when handling it. I dont even know if it is possible because as soon as I start adding more thickness to metal it changes the feel of my flower. one of the main characteristics I focus on in the hydrangea flower is the delicacy of the veins and the thinness of the petals. I feel like I will sell these pieces of jewellery more if they were not so delicate but then I would be changing my jewellery and the designs that make my jewellery mine. ????

No comments:

Post a Comment