Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Giving depth to something plain and creating something delicate from something ordinary

On the link below there is an artist that creates a 3 dimensional plant or object by cutting it out from a plain toilet roll or a piece of news paper! His name is Yuken Teruya! The toilet roll cut out has the same 3 dimensional feeling that my fern has coming out of the metal! I want to create more of this feeling of depth and interesting layering in my work! The thing that also catches my attention is that the negetive space where the object is cut out from is just as beautiful as the cut out themselves! I think I am doing alot of looking at negative and positive shapes and how in piercing out one shape there are so many different aspects of beauty in it. I am very interested in his work! click on the link below and find out what I am talking about! http://www.paperscissorsstone.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment